The first and only resource of its kind to to combine almost every single technique on making & building prototypes / models for design, engineering, and product development. The guide also elaborates on the fundamentals and advanced tools of the professional work shop - covering 'old-school' tools of the trade, as well as the 'new-school' state-of-the-art technologies. This guide is written for top professionals and curious DIY tinkerers alike - I have personally written this as a guide that I can quickly reference in the field or in the office, however because of it's simple, non-technical language, it can be easily understood by anyone who may have little to no understanding of design. For anyone who enjoys the process of making, or for those who plan on building the next big Startup widget that will take the world by storm. Having the proper tools is half the battle to achieving successful results.This book has been written with advanced professionals in mind, but it is also meant to be used as a valuable resource for beginners, design students, or recreational hobbyists in mind.
THE TOOLS OF THE TRADE, INCLUDING:
- 22+ State-of-the-Art Shop Machines, including safety best practices.
- 20+ Hand Tools, including tool customization tricks used by the most elite makers & designers worldwide.
- 18+ Common material types.
- 80+ Industry-Standard suppliers guide, including machinery, shop tools, and materials (and where to buy).
- 52+ Pro tips - insights from professionals at the top of their industries, developed through a decade of trial, error, and real-world industry experience.
- High-End Work Shop & Makerspace design, build, and customization tips from the Pros.
A PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL GUIDE TO MAKING ANYTHING IMAGINABLE:
- RTV Silicone Molding & Casting
- Fiberglass & Carbon Fiber Composites
- CNC Machining / CAD + CAM Prototyping
- 3D Printing & Laser Cutting
- Industrial Clay & Foam Modeling Techniques
- Bondo(TM) / Automotive Body Filler Modeling
- Spray Painting & Sanding
- Vacuum Forming
- Lifecasting & Prosthetics
Photo-book quality print edition 370 color photos, 203 pages.