The go-to guide on mushroom farming and cultivation!
This is a reference book for the next generation of DIY mycologists. Sandor Ellix Katz, author of The Art of Fermentation
A clear, comprehensive guide that is a gift to amateur as well as professional mushroom growers. Toby Hemenway, author of Gaia's Garden
In Organic Mushroom Farming and Mycoremediation, professional mushroom grower and biologist Tradd Cotter shares the results of his groundbreaking research gives, giving readers an A to Z guide for cultivating mushrooms - from sourcing laboratory equipment at low cost to starting cultures and spawn generation - without chemical or electrical input. Readers will learn:
- How to cultivate morels indoors and outdoors
- Indispensable descriptions of 25+ different genus of mushrooms
- Training mycelium to respond to specific contaminants
- Perpetuating spawn on cardboard without the use of electricity
- Preparing tinctures, powders and mushroom-infused honey
- Making an antibacterial mushroom cutting board
- How to grow mushrooms on your old denim jeans!
Organic Mushroom Farming and Mycoremediation is aimed towards readers wanting to grow mushrooms without the use of pesticides, and the author takes this 'organic' drive one step further by introducing an entirely new way of thinking - looking at the potential to grow mushrooms on just about anything, anywhere and by anyone.