Explore MicroPython through a series of hands-on projects and learn to design and build your own embedded systems using the MicroPython Pyboard, ESP32, the STM32 IoT Discovery kit, and the OpenMV camera module.Key Features
- Delve into MicroPython Kernel and learn to make modifications that will enhance your embedded applications
- Design and implement drivers to interact with a variety of sensors and devices
- Build low-cost projects such as DIY automation and object detection with machine learning
With the increasing complexity of embedded systems seen over the past few years, developers are looking for ways to manage them easily by solving problems without spending a lot of time on finding supported peripherals. MicroPython is an efficient and lean implementation of the Python 3 programming language, which is optimized to run on microcontrollers. MicroPython Projects will guide you in building and managing your embedded systems with ease.
This book is a comprehensive project-based guide that will help you build a wide range of projects and give you the confidence to design complex projects spanning new areas of technology such as electronic applications, automation devices, and IoT applications. While building seven engaging projects, you'll learn how to enable devices to communicate with each other, access and control devices over a TCP/IP socket, and store and retrieve data. The complexity will increase progressively as you work on different projects, covering areas such as driver design, sensor interfacing, and MicroPython kernel customization.
By the end of this MicroPython book, you'll be able to develop industry-standard embedded systems and keep up with the evolution of the Internet of Things.What you will learn
- Develop embedded systems using MicroPython
- Build a custom debugging tool to visualize sensor data in real-time
- Detect objects using machine learning and MicroPython
- Discover how to minimize project costs and reduce development time
- Get to grips with gesture operations and parsing gesture data
- Learn how to customize and deploy the MicroPython kernel
- Explore the techniques for scheduling application tasks and activities
If you are an embedded developer or hobbyist looking to build interesting projects using MicroPython, this book is for you. A basic understanding of electronics and Python is required while some MicroPython experience will be helpful.